A lot has happened since the last post…
Without further delay….allow me to share with you how Jesus has blessed our family. We are adopting…FROM CHINA! If you know our family and are familiar with all the crazy turns this adoption process has taken us, then I am sure you have some questions. Before I explain, allow me to make a disclaimer: “Blogs” kind of get on my nerves. So…I have no real aspirations of keeping this going after we complete the process of adoption. For the next few months I will be using this as a way to update our process…and specifically how Cindy, Chandler, Caroline and myself will be praying. We would love for you to join us in prayer.
How did we get here? Why China?
There is a simple answer to both: “Because the Word of God tells us to take care of widows and orphans”. To do my best to ensure that this does not turn into a long post, allow me to share how we got here:
- 2010 – we started exploring adoption to Ethiopia. The door closed do to previous medical issues.
- 2011 – we started exploring adoption to Uganda. The country was starting to whisper rumors of a change in adoption law. Our Social worker referred to this the country “shutting down” or “closing”.
- 2011 – 2012 – we started working on adoption to Russia. We sought adoption of Roman, and was paired with him by the Russian government. We had completed our home study, international requirements and all clearances. All that was left was for us to travel to Russia. As you know, this never happened. Russia changed its laws and we were told no American would be adopting from Russia.
- 2012-2013 – Cindy’s mother moved in with us. She was diagnosed with Leukemia and we had the honor of having her live with us until October 2013. Through the blood of Christ, Mrs. Huddleston received her reward and is now healed of all sickness in the presence of our Savior…Thank You Jesus for your love.
- 2013 – monthly phone calls with the State Department giving us and hundreds of other families updates on the developments withing the Russian government in regards to the status of US adoption.
- 2013 – two families approached us at different times (not knowing each other) asking if we would pray about adopting via private adoption. We assured them we would pray and asked for them to keep us updated. We never heard back from them.
- 2014 – We moved toward becoming foster parents. We attended Alabama GPS training as mandated for foster families. This process took 12 weeks. We only needed the final home visit before being able to be certified foster parents. We never heard back from DHR on the final home visit. (We did get a call four days ago asking for an opportunity to schedule another home visit, we told them that we would pray about it as we are in the process of an adoption – we still plan on being foster parents).
- 2014 – prior to beginning the process of adoption from China, Cindy and I were approached with an urgent need to prayerfully consider being adoptive parents for a child in need who is out of state. After multiple conversations with the foster mom, we never heard back from the case worker.
- then….things Changed.
through this process it was not uncommon for us to visit a website (Reece’s rainbow) on a regular basis. On one visit to the site there was a new little boy listed as needing an adoptive home. I was captivated. I did not think much more about it. A week later I saw His face on another child advocacy site. I “screen shot” his pic and sent it to Cindy. A week later, a friend asked if we had seen this “‘precious little boy’ from China who needs a home”…it was the same beautiful face. Finally as Cindy and the kids were on a mission trip, I was looking on face book when I received a message that there was an American child in need of adoption…they listed that he had Down Syndrome. I clicked the link and it redirected me back to the same beautiful Chinese face.
After spending much time in prayer with my family and seeking counsel from some close friends…we joyfully began the adoption process!
We did not want to share with anyone right away, we certainly know that this has been crazy. However while we were on vacation, we received word that we had been officially paired with “Frankie” by the Chinese government. We are thrilled!
So now you are caught up. We are ready to go get him. We hope to have our home study completed soon. When this happens – things will move a little quicker.
Here are our prayer needs:
- Pray for Roman. We pray often for his adoption by a family who loves Jesus.
- Pray for Frankie. I pray that God will prepare his heart for our family.
- Pray for a quick movement of paper work…lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of paper work ha ha.
- Pray for our family. That in this process of waiting, hoping, preparing….that we would in all things honor Jesus.
Here we go…